Stop Us If Any Of This Sounds Familiar...
- You’re looking to grow as a paraplanner, but you’re not sure of the exact steps to make it happen
- You've spent countless hours in frustration, trying to make the “right” meaningful connections
- Your work isn’t consistent enough, and you’re out of ideas on attracting (and keeping) the right clients
- You struggle to remain competitive, but it’s hard to know how to stay relevant in the industry
Here Is Where We Come In
We’re passionate about helping paraplanners create the perfect work environment to fit their busy lifestyle. Our goal is to empower virtual planners, giving them more control over their schedules, and helping them work from anywhere.
We serve everyone, from career changers and stay-at-home parents to military spouses and digital nomads. No matter who you are, one of the best perks of being a virtual paraplanner is your ability to fast-track your career and become your own boss.
Featuring CE Credit
New Partnership with KITCES!
We are excited to announce a BRAND NEW PARTNERSHIP with Kitces. Program access is INCLUDED with your paraplanner portal membership as one of our premier benefits.
100+ Hours of CFP CE credit included!
Listen to national experts educate you on complex financial topics and strategies from Social Security to Tax Planning to Veterans Benefits to Medicare to FAFSA and more.
Exclusive Software Training For Members
We’ve got what you need to succeed—so get access to our exclusive lineup of financial planning software! These handpicked products (and the training to go with it!) are designed to give any paraplanner a leg up in the industry.
What Inspires Us?
Simply Paraplanner was founded to show paraplanners that you do have a choice when planning your life and career in the financial planning industry. Inside the portal we focus on this... helping you pursue a career that you're passionate about without compromisng your lifestyle.
My name is Alex Hopkin, and I’m on a mission to help more paraplanners start their business, find remote work and change their lifestyle. As a virtual paraplanner, outdoor enthusiast, military spouse, and mom to three small boys, I know firsthand the struggles of entering the financial industry on your own terms. I am an AFC® and CFP® professional with years of experience in the industry, but when I moved overseas with my husband, I quickly realized that traditional paraplanning positions weren't possible with my lifestyle and I needed to do something a little different.
That’s exactly why I created Simply Paraplanner. Our mission is to help more paraplanners start their own business, allowing them to live life on their own terms. We work to help paraplanners find flexible, remote positions within the financial planning industry—and that flexibility is key! My family has called Japan, Oklahoma, and now Hawaii our home, and I’ve brought my work with me as I go. Today, I love exploring our new home, and most times you’ll find me living on a flexible schedule, dictating my own work to fit my lifestyle. And that’s exactly what we want for you!
Introducing The Paraplanner Portal
The leading training community for paraplanners
Nowhere in the world will you find a community of paraplanners as supportive as the Simply Paraplanner members. Our strength lies in each other—
It’s paraplanners uplifting fellow paraplanners!
The Paraplanner Portal is packed with in-depth, practical training and resources on all aspects of successful paraplanning, from finding remote positions to planning, building, running and growing your business.
The Paraplanner Portal Will Help You To:
Land More Jobs
Land more jobs by better defining your role, confidently pitching your services, and pricing yourself accordingly.
Network within the paraplanner community via our niche-mastermind groups or by staying social in our members-only community
Train yourself on industry-leading financial planning software using case studies, guest expert webinars, and self-paced courses.
What Makes Our Paraplanner Portal Membership Different?
We want to help more people live their best life moments and we are
about bringing the best of both worlds together in our industry!
Access To Expertise
We’ve been exactly where you are and we know how to get a leg up in the financial planning industry. Get tried and tested strategies, plus answers to all your questions, with help from industry experts.
We Walk The Talk
We’ve got your back. All of our tools, groups, and software are designed to help you reach your goals, and we’re constantly looking for newer and better strategies to make your work a little easier.
Say goodbye to your networking woes and that feeling of isolation. Our community of paraplanners is here to offer support and guidance as you make your way forward!
Happy Portal Members
Don't take our word for it. Here are some words from a few happy members!
As a career changer, I was trying to figure out where and how I would fit in with my new career as a financial planner. I knew that I didn’t want to work at a large broker-dealer in a sales position. Before passing the CFP® exam, I was very fortunate to cross paths with Alex who told me about virtual paraplanning. Simply Paraplanner (SP) opened a door for me I never knew existed and became the community I very much needed during my career transition.
I joined the organizations I was told to but nothing seemed to help my particular situation until hearing about Alex Hopkin and Simply Paraplanner one day from Michael Kitces. I listened to the podcast and after hearing her story resemble my personal situation, I immediately joined Simply Paraplanner.
Honestly, I didn’t even know what a paraplanner was before that and after doing a little homework I initially thought that it was a rank under that of a CFP® but my mind quickly changed as I found out what the requirements are and how integral a paraplanner is to any firm.
Simply Paraplanner has been a blessing for me with the eMoney and MGP Software training, the valuable insights and tips from other paraplanners (& CFP’s®), the monthly coaching sessions, the guidance to be a virtual paraplanner, the documents, and of course, the support.
Sign Up Now To Get Access To:
Courses & Guest Experts
Simply Paraplanner has designed and developed multiple courses to help kick-start your career as a paraplanner. Additionally, many industry experts have shared their knowledge in pre-recorded videos, just for you! These membership perks can be found in the Courses tab of the portal.
One of our favorite features for portal members is access to software trainings with eMoney, MoneyGuidePro, RightCapital, Redtail, Precise FP and MORE!
Sample Case Studies and Plans
To go along with the software training, we have case studies and sample plans available for you to practice in the different softwares!
Resume and Cover Letter Review
Applying for a job can be overwhelming. Does your resume look good? Is your cover letter the best representation of yourself? Sometimes you just need a second set of eyes to make sure you didn't miss anything. Simply Paraplanner is here to review your resumes and cover letters, so you can confidently apply to jobs.
A mastermind group is simply a meeting of highly motivated people who share a common goal and are looking to encourage and help each other improve. Simply Paraplanner has made it easier than ever to find your group. Plus, we have put together the resources needed to help guide your sessions.
We know that success is found in support. In addition to helping your springboard into niche mastermind groups have an incredible virtual community for YOUR asked questions and needs. We sincerely hope you join our community, we are thrilled to grow with you.
Templates and Documents
Invoice template? Check. Sample Resume? Check. NDA/Contract Templates? Check. We've got your covered with all the templates and documents you may need as a paraplanner. Download them and edit to make your own!
A series of quick tip videos from resume tips to cold emailing tips, we've got you covered!
Not Sure If The Paraplanner Portal Is Right For You?
Who The Portal Is For:
- Those who are so ready to ditch the 9-5 and get off the corporate ladder.
- Individuals who do not fit into the traditional mold of a financial planner, but still have a passion for the industry.
- Those who want more control over their career path because they value work/life balance.
- If you love the technical side of financial planning and you are ready to join a community of forward-thinking trail blazers redefining the role of a paraplanner.
- Firm owners who want their paraplanner to join a community of paraplanners, learn new technology and stay ahead of industry change.
The Portal Is Not For:
- Someone who is looking for a done for you solution. We’re not a corporation, and we were not looking to put you in a 9-5. We are helping you create a lifestyle.
- People expecting guaranteed results - we know what we teach works (because we’re doing it ourselves) but we can’t guarantee specific results from following our advice. I hate to break it to you, but no one can make that promise!
- People who don't have drive and never finish anything they start. This is not the community for you. Becoming a virtual paraplanner takes commitment and focus. This time next year you will be glad you started is the right mentality.
- People looking for a get rich quick solution - if you think becoming a paraplanner is going to make you rich overnight, we’re not the right choice for you! We help you build a solid future.
- Those looking to HIRE. We have a job board for that!
Questions We Get Asked
We answer the most commonly asked questions for you inside the portal.
- Where do I start?
- What designations should I pursue?
- How do I find advisors to work with?
- How do I pitch my services to advisors?
- How do I price my services?
- What tech stack do I need?
- How do I learn financial planning software if I am entry-level?
- How do I balance working with multiple advisors?
- How to I report my hours to the CFP board?